(727) 754-6648 | (941) 777-5511 | (813) 773-3000
Hurricane & Storm Safety
Why Is It Necessary To Check Your Home Thoroughly After A Hurricane Or Storm?
If your city has faced a major storm or hurricane in the past couple of years, then we recommend checking your home. You can hire local services to clean up and sanitize the place if it has just survived a major flood as well. If it was just a storm, make sure that you follow up with a thorough check to make sure safety measures have been met.
Why you should check your home after a storm?
After the storm, your home might become weak due to the havoc meted out to it by nature. You can start with a routine check out briskly wherein you monitor the basic damage done. Then you can go a little deeper into the house or take notes of what is completely damaged. The final stage will be when you list down things or accessories in your home that will need complete replacement. By doing this, you can rest assured to have a safe home and withstand nature for many more years to come.
What should you check the home after a storm?
- Check for gaps and loose hinges: If the windows had faced a lot of storm action before someone closed it, then the hinges might have become loose. The loose or broken hinges means the window is not in proper shape and requires quick or immediate window replacement.
- Check for cracks on glass panes: A strong gust of storm might bring along with it brambles, branches, and dash against windows. Whether the windows have a glass or wooden panes, checking them for any cracks will help. If you ignore these cracks then it will not last for a few days too.
- Check for gaps from the frames: Call in the professionals if you see a gap between the frames and windows. There are companies like Gulfside offering quick and cost-efficient window replacement and installation services.
- Get completely new windows: This is the last thing you might do nevertheless, depending on the level of damage, you might go for this anyhow. If the window has been old and this last storm had totally devastated the home, the windows might require complete replacement.
To get a free, no obligation quote contact Gulfside Windows, Doors, & More and schedule a free in-home consultation.
420 Roberts Rd,
Oldsmar, FL 34677
Call Us: 727-754-6648 / 941-777-5511
Mon - Fri | 9a - 5p
Sat | 9a - 2p
Sun | Closed